We occasionally get asked whether we support other Open Source projects and the technology community in general. We're proud to say that we do: SparkLabs make a variety of contributions to Open Source projects in many different categories.
As well as releasing open source projects of our own, we also contribute source code and knowledge to a number of other projects. Below is a list of some of the contributions we have made. Please note that this is a non-exhaustive list: you'll find further discussion and changes in project mailing lists and bug/issue tracking systems.
On our GitHub page you can find a variety of projects, tools and examples we make available, as well as many different forks for projects we are actively participating in. In particular:
SparkLabs Launchpad PPA
We maintain a Launchpad Personal Package Archive for Open Source projects we make modifications to while awaiting the upstream maintainers to accept patches. Our Launchpad PPA currently contains a modified version of OpenVPN to be used as a server with U2F support.
- Add support for setting the default IPv6 gateway for routes using the route-ipv6-gateway option: Patch
- Restore functionality of route-gateway's dhcp parameter: Patch
- Resolves small IV_GUI_VER typo in the documentation: Patch
- Support client reason from auth plugin: Patch // Patchv3
- CDN Discussion: Discussion
- Patch tap-windows6 to report as 1Gbps: PR // Discussion
- Fix Building Using MSVC: Patch
- Mac OS X keychain support: Discussion
- Fix socket-flag/TCP_NODELAY on Mac OS X: Patch
- Fix auth-fail messages not sent to clients on renegs: Patch
- Fixes a bug in management_callback_send_cc_message: Patch
- Adds client-auth-pending-extra: Patch
- Optimise Scanner performance: PR