Installing Viscosity (Windows)
Before you can use Viscosity it must first be installed using the instructions below. You must have administration rights on your computer to be able to install Viscosity.
- Run Viscosity Installer.exe file, usually located in your Downloads folder, by double-clicking it, or by clicking Run once you have finished downloading it.
- You may see a User Access Control window asking "Do you want to allow the following program to make changes to this computer?". If so, click Yes
- When you are greeted with the "Welcome to the Viscosity Setup Wizard" window, click Next.
- After reading the License Agreement, you can select "I accept the agreement" and click Next.
- Select where you would like Viscosity to be installed, then click Next. We highly recommend you use the default install location that the installer selects for you.
- Select where you would like Viscosity to be located in your Start Menu then click Next. We highly recommend you use the default location the installer selects for you.
- Tick the "Create a desktop icon" checkbox if you would like a shortcut to Viscosity to be located on your desktop. If you do not, you can always start Viscosity from the Start menu.
- At the next window, click Install.
- During installation, you may be asked if you wish to install a Viscosity Device driver. Allow this by clicking "Install" on Windows 7 or Vista, or "Continue" on Windows XP.
- Once installation has completed, click Finish. You can untick the displayed checkbox if you do not wish Viscosity to run straight away.
- Viscosity can be launched from your Start menu by going to Start->All Programs->Viscosity->Viscosity (if you selected the default location), or if you selected to have a desktop icon during install, you will see the Viscosity Icon on your desktop.
Viscosity can be updated automatically from inside the application, or manually if a problem is encountered updating automatically.
- Open your current version of Viscosity
- Go to the Viscosity menu and select Preferences
- Click the General icon
- Click the "Check for Updates" button
- When Viscosity finds a new version click the Install button.
- Download the latest version from the Downloads page
- Quit any old copies of Viscosity that are running
- Follow the instructions above for Installing Viscosity
Enterprise Managed PCs
If your PC or Laptop is provided to you by a company or enterprise, there is a chance it is locked down from installing applications or you may not have administrator rights for it. In this case, please contact your company or enterprise IT for assistance.