[Solved] Viscosity 1.4.2 Crashes Windows 8 x64 Enterprise N

Got a problem with Viscosity or need help? Ask here!

tridy

Post by tridy » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:08 pm
I was having problems with Outpost Security Pro 8 for several days. It was BSOD-ing from time to time. I decided to update the drivers to the latest to see if it would solve the problem. However that did not solve the problem of the BSOD but after uninstalling Outpost Security, and running Viscosity with just build in Windows 8 security, I have been running without any problems for several days now.

So, to conclude, it's okay to update Atheros the drivers to the latest. It is an unknown issue with Windows 8 that was resolved with clean re-install [of Windows].

Now, heading to the outpost security support with the memory dumps. :)

Thanks for the help.

tridy

Post by tridy » Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:30 am
Got the same 2 BSODs (caused by L1C63x64.sys) first running Viscosity and then when trying to run native OpenVPN 2.2.
This once again confirms that this is Atheros driver problem.

So, for the sake of experiment, I forced Windows 8 to load Windows 7 x64 driver instead.

Now it says:
Qualcomm Atheros AR8151 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller (NDIS 6.20)
Driver Version 2.10.13

Windows 8 version had the same driver version but NDIS 6.30 version. In addition Windows 7 SYS driver file is L1C62x64.sys

So, I will give it a try for the next couple of days to see if I get a BSOD again.

tridy

Post by tridy » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:04 am
When I was preparing to unplug the network cable from the computer, the sound of connecting-disconnecting came up 2 or 3 times. After that I have been running using WiFi for 2 weeks without a problem. Then I switched back to wired and have been running for 3 weeks without any problem. So, to my surprise it was either that the network cable was not connected properly or there was some kind of plug issue. So, if I would've unplugged and plugged the network cable in the very beginning, it would've solved the problem.

What I don't get is that it is possible to cause a BSOD by bad network cable and/or cable not being fully plugged in.

So, as Eric has pointed out in the very beginning, my BSODs had nothing to do with Viscosity.

Thanks for the help and thanks for Viscosity!

tridy

Post by tridy » Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:41 am
An update:

I gave it a try with:

- Viscosity 1.4.5 (1203)
- Qualcomm Atheros AR8151 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller (NDIS 6.30) version 2.1.0.17

and it has been working without crashes for a week now. So, it's probably driver 2.1.0.17 that solved the problem.
So, now the problem is really solved!
14 posts Page 2 of 2