Another Killswitch

Got a problem with Viscosity or need help? Ask here!

twoxbasic

Post by twoxbasic » Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:51 am
I was wondering if this kind of killswitch is available through Viscosity.
It would be great if all connection is blocked and only viscosity is allowed connect to the internet until the vpn is up again.
Is it possible?

I know there's an article about this, but it involves resetting the interface.
https://www.sparklabs.com/support/kb/ar ... fic-leaks/

gspot

Post by gspot » Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:01 am
I also would like to implement this. I took the AppleScript suggested and substituted Ethernet 2 as that is my interface and it didn't work. As this is a fairly serious thing for some users, could someone in support help here?

Chubby-Ninja

Post by Chubby-Ninja » Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:31 pm
Using OS X Sierra 10.12.4 and Transmission.
I believe in keeping things as simple as possible, so with that said, a simple KillSwitch using Apple Script is:
Code: Select all
tell application "Transmission"
	quit
end tell
Note: You can change "Transmission" to your app of choice.

To apply this in the real world:
  • * Press cmd + Spacebar this brings up Spotlight search
    * Type: Apple
    * This should bring up AppleScript Editor
    * Press Enter
    * In the window that pops up. Click New Document (Bottom Left of that window.)
    * Copy/Paste the code above into the Untitled AppleScript document
    * Click the hammer Icon to compile the Script
    * Press cmd + s to save and rename it to KILLSWITCH or a name you will remember, take note of where you have saved it.
Then go into Viscosity > Preferences > Advanced Tab > Disconnected Script: Select... and look for the KILLSWITCH file and save.

Open Your P2P client, in my case Transmission. To test the script, disconnect viscosity to see if your P2P app closes. I would suggest you either have no torrents in progress or test with a Linux Distro torrent.

Would be interesting to see if people can come up with a turn wifi/Ethernet off and back on to reset the Internet connection when used in conjunction with the add route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 vpn-gateway option.

nobody

Post by nobody » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:41 am
question: chubby-ninja says to go to the advanced tab to add the disconnect script, but all thats under my advanced tab is network settings items, openvpn items, and an import item. what am i missing?!?!

thanks in advance for advice!!!
4 posts Page 1 of 1