Disconnect, can't reconnect bug

Got a problem with Viscosity or need help? Ask here!

ことこ

Post by ことこ » Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:12 am
Mac OS X 10.8.5, Viscosity 1.6.6

I am experiencing the following bug when I get disconnected.

Often but not always, it is not possible to simply reconnect via the menu bar. I have a disconnect script to disable the network adapter.

If I open Details window, the current ticked server field is not the one I was disconnected from. I am unable to reconnect via menu bar until I change the server to the one I was disconnected from. It still happens even though the server I usually connect to I put first in the menu list.

Since I am using it with PIA, there are 36 servers in the menu. Always when this bug happens, Details window server becomes set to Turkey (I never use this server so don't know why it gets changed to this).

James

Post by James » Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:23 pm
Hi ことこ,

When opening the Details window from the Viscosity menu it will automatically select the first active connection it finds. An active connection is one that is either currently Connected or is Connecting. If no active connections are found (i.e. all connections are Disconnected) it will display the first connection in its internal list (which sounds likely to be one named "Turkey" in this case).

Viscosity's Details window will not automatically go to the last connected connection when opening it when all connections are disconnected, but we'll take it as feedback that this might be a helpful idea.

If you're connecting to a different VPN connection and would like the Details window to display it instead you can click on the menu at the top of the Details window to change the connection being displayed (the two small arrows), or you can simply select the "Details..." item from Viscosity's menu again. If the Details window is already open it will still switch to the current active connection (if there is one).

Cheers,
James
Web: https://www.sparklabs.com
Support: https://www.sparklabs.com/support
Twitter: https://twitter.com/sparklabs

ことこ

Post by ことこ » Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:59 am
Thank you, James. It would be very helpful if you could make it an option to automatically go to the last connected.

ことこ

Post by ことこ » Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:16 am
I thought that if I kept the Details window open and there was disconnection, I would not have to reselect the same server as before since it was already selected. This is not the case. If I try to reconnect it always fails with same message:
Code: Select all
Checking reachability status of connection...
Connection is not reachable. Disconnecting.
The only remedy is to change the server shown in Details to another, and back again before try reconnecting.

ことこ

Post by ことこ » Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:43 am
Hi,

I updated to 1.6.7 but the problem in my previous comment persists.

If I keep the Details window open when disconnecting, it won't reconnect to the same server because it 'thinks' another server further down in the list is selected even though the named one is the one I tried to reconnect. If I close and reopen Details it confirms this: the highlighted server is not the one recently disconnected.
5 posts Page 1 of 1